Download free trial
Open Support Ticket
Firestreamer with DPM
Upgrade Firestreamer 3.x
Firestreamer is a software utility that enables the existing tape backup software to access a wide range of non-tape storage media, making possible long-term and off-site retention of data without the need for tape drives.
- Seamless integration with your tape backup software.
- Built-in data compression.
- Support for up to 8 emulated tape libraries.
- Support for up to 255 tape drives and 60,000 storage slots per tape library.
- Automation interface.
- Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 with Service Pack 1.
- Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2010.
- Microsoft Windows Vista (all x86 and x64 editions.
- Microsoft Windows 7 (all x86 and x64 editions.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 or newer (all x86 and x64 editions).
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (all x86 and x64 editions).
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (all editions).
The following file media are supported:
- Files on any file system accessible to a kernel mode driver. This includes file systems on any local or remote storage devices, such as internal and external hard disk drives (HDD), SAN, network shares, NAS, and so on.
The following drive media are supported:
Firestreamer supports all hardware interfaces recognized by the operating system. This includes USB, SCSI, iSCSI, IEEE-1394 (FireWire), ATA (IDE, EIDE), ATAPI, SATA, SATAPI, eSATA, and so on.
- Any storage devices recognized by the operating system as direct-access media, such as internal and external hard disk drives (HDD), RDX removable disks, flash memory, and so on.
- Blu-ray (BD-RW, BD-R, BD-RW DL, BD-R DL).
- HD DVD (experimental support for HD DVD-RAM and HD DVD-R).
- DVD (DVD-RAM, DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD+R DL, with the exception of DVD-R and DVD-RW).
- Iomega REV.