Virtualization Careers Minnesota
Blue Net is looking for a qualified VMware Architect with strong experience in the Virtualization space that has a desire to work in a collaborative team environment. Within this position, the engineer will leverage both proven and innovative technology approaches to solve challenging business problems. The candidate for this position must demonstrate strong team leadership and focus on results enabling businesses to operate more effectively. The position requires that the qualified candidate provide assessments, written documentation and technical leadership within the operation working in close concert with our datacenter architects. The ability to work effectively in a team is essential and to work closely with Blue Net DataCenter Analysts for direction and strategy.
Experience in the following areas:
- Virtual Infrastructure architectural design review and/or creation
- Logical and physical storage topologies
- Logical and physical network topologies
- VMware Infrastructure design involving large scale clusters
- PCI Peripheral layout
- Management of network considerations
- Network Management alerts and traps notifications and Virtualization layer monitoring.
- Backup and Recovery
- Business Continuity
- Virtual Machine distribution
- Deployment of VMware ESX Servers
- Deployment of VMware VirtualCenter Instances
- Creation of new virtual machines and templates
- Physical to Virtual migrations using tools from VMware and 3rd party vendors
- Creation of project documentation, Visio drawings and diagrams
- Lead architecture whiteboard discussions and interviews with Customer
- Demonstration and deployment of advanced features such as VMotion, VMware High Availability, and VMware Dynamic Resource Scheduler
**Proven technical knowledge and experience with enterprise-class networks, i.e. network design, VLAN technology, LAN/MAN/WAN principles, Gigabit Switched networks, etc.
**Demonstrated knowledge of storage products (SAN, NAS, DAS) and operating systems like Windows 2000/NT 4.0, Solaris, Linux, or equivalent
**Knowledge of the virtualization industry as a whole and familiarity and proficiency with multiple vendor offerings to interface at the CIO level.
** Exceptional customer skills
**Knowledge of industry products, trends and practices
**Ability to travel if necessary
*Sorry no H-1B visa sponsorship is available
**Four year degree or equivalent experience
**SNIA, VCP, CISSP, CCNP, CCIE
Blue Net offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Existing authorization to work in the United States is required. Sponsorship not available for this position. Please send your Word formatted resume to: Careers@tdonline.com