Senior Systems Architect
Blue Net is seeking an intelligent and resourceful individual sought to help architect, deploy and support next-generation Microsoft Windows and Citrix infrastructure. The person we hire should be capable of conceptualizing, building, and deploying systems management and automation technologies for both Windows servers and a mixed body of Windows PCs and Citrix thin clients. This person will work both independently and with our IT and IS staff on substantial design and research projects within the Windows environment.
- Accountable for system architecture, maintenance, tuning, health checks, capacity planning and overall system performance of all our systems. Expected to alert senior management to any system performance issues that could put the company in harms way and which impair the service levels to the clients or customers. This includes, but is not limited to Windows operating system, Citrix, e-mail, DHCP, DNS, Printing services, backup systems and web services.
- To mentor and develop others and to inform management when and if the company could be impaired by the team performance. When necessary is expected to step in and solve/find solutions for any and all critical issues.
- Participate in setting priorities and goals for the department, working under the guidance of the Director of Technology.
- Engineer solutions for the company's growing, highly-resilient Windows infrastructure.
Accountability for information security ensuring integrity of corporate systems (Data backups, BCP/DR, systems optimization in an IBM Blade Center environment running VMWare)
- Accountable for information security (Anti Virus, Anti SPAM, Surf Control, etc.)
BS in Computer Science, MIS or Information Security (Masters is preferred)
10+ years of hands-on experience with server applications in a Microsoft/Citrix environment
CCEA (Citrix Certified Enterprise Administrator (CCIA preferred Citrix Certified Integration Architect)
MCSE 2003 with expertise in the following areas:
Exchange 2000/2003 Server
SQL 2000/2005 Server
Security management (including Group Policy Objects)
Excellent knowledge of HP Compaq hardware and strong problem-solving skills
Solid programming and scripting abilities (PowerShell is a plus, VBScript alternatively)
Project management and documentation skills
Some expertise with Cisco network administration
High level of initiative and dedication
Demonstrated ability to be a team player and willingness to lend a hand with any project
Demonstrated ability to manage packages (release updates) and apply security patches
Demonstrated ability to develop tools to maintain and monitor corporate infrastructure
Blue Net offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Existing authorization to work in the United States is required. Sponsorship not available for this position.
Please send your Word formatted resume to: Careers@tdonline.com